This unit of competency HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
The unit applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies. This unit of competency will contribute towards approved first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
This unit of competency is classified as current as per the information provided for this unit at www.training.gov.au.
This unit of competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the requirements of “First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis”.
Complete this course in 3 easy steps:
- Book this course by clicking here and selecting a date, or by phoning Matt on 0427539382, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a short Pre-course Workbook (Online, Video, Ebook or Hard Copy Coloured Workbook) at your own convenience
- Attend a Practical Training Session (6 hours)
Those employed in the child care and education industry.
There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licencing or certification requirements for this course.
Students are not required to bring any materials or equipment with them to the course.
It is a Training Package requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on a CPR adult and child manikin placed on the floor and on a CPR baby manikin placed on a firm surface.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards.
- Full course: 10 hours face to face
- Full course: pre-course study plus 6 hours face-to-face
- Refresher full course: 6 hours face to face
Important information regarding course durations:
Course durations, as mentioned above, are reflective of group sizes of between 4 and 15 participants. If there are less students in a group, you may find course duration reduced by a maximum of 10%. If a class size exceeds 15 participants it may therefore also be necessary to increase course duration depending on the number of participants.
Pre Course study options
There are a few different options for completing your pre-course study.
We recommend our First Aid News Video as it is the most convenient option.
Other options include
- Online training
- Hard copy coloured workbook
The pre course study includes a question paper consisting of 65 multi choice questions. You must take the completed paper with you to the training course.
All courses are nationally recognised training in partnership with Allens Training PTY LTD (Registered Training Organisation number 90909).